Thursday, July 30, 2015 - All Natural Grass Fields are closed. Synthetic fields remain open
Join Major League Ultimate at PPL Park in Philadelphia for a championship hat tournament on Saturday, August 8, 2015 on the beautiful grass practice fields adjacent to the stadium. The tournament will be played during the day before the MLU Championship game between the Seattle Rainmakers and the Boston Whitecaps. Entry is just $10 and participants get a day full of ultimate play, a 20% discount on tickets to the MLU championship game, and the winning team of the hat tournament gets upgraded seats and acknowledgment during the game!
Here are some details:
- Saturday, August 8, 2015. 10 am - 5:30 pm.
- Venue is PPL Park, 1 Stadium Drive, Chester, PA 19013.
- $10 entry fee.
- Mixed competition with teams composed of men and women.
- Hat tournament (teams balanced by gender/player strength).
- Each team gets a minimum of 5 games.
- Format: Pool play to bracket. Ties are allowed. Bracket games go to sudden death if tied at end of regulation.
- Basic food and drink provided.
- Certified trainer on site.
For more information and to sign up for the hat tournament, visit http://championship.mlultimate.com/event/hat-tournament/.
The DC Breeze are hosting an ultimate clinic for middle school age players on Saturday, August 8, 2015. Participants who fill out this form and attend the clinic will receive a free ticket to Breeze Opening Day in April 2016!
The clinic will be led by Alan Kolick, Brad Scott and players from the 2015 Breeze roster. Participants should arrive with cleats, a white and dark jersey, sunscreen, personal snacks, and a water bottle. The Breeze will provide cold water for all participants.
If you have any questions, please contact Brad Scott at email@example.com
Location: Bardo, 1200 Bladensburg Rd NE, Washington, DC
Location: Thomas Jefferson Community Center, Arlington,VA
The next WAFC board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7 pm. Location TBA.
If you would like to attend the meeting in any capacity (see board meeting visitor policy), please email the Board Secretary and let her know how you would like to be involved (whether you'd like to observe or participate) by July 16, 2015.
Now that summer league is in full swing, WAFC would like to thank all our captains and league commissioners. Our leagues could not happen without you. Please welcome Glenn (advanced), Melissa (weekend) and Jack (rec) to our great crew of volunteer commissioners.
- The full summer schedule is ready and published on the website.
- Captains, always bring a copy of your field's permit to each game.
- Weather looks dicey? Call the hotline at (301) LUV-B-MAX.
- If you see lightning, stop playing for 20 minutes. If there is no more lightning, you may resume play. If there is lightning again after the 20 minutes wait, then the game is cancelled.
- If at any time you notice your game is damaging the field, please stop playing. We do not want to damage any fields. See our field usage policy.
- DC's summer heat is no joke. Be aware of heat stroke and take care of yourself and your teammates.
Have a good season, everyone!
Here are the minutes from the most recent WAFC board meeting (Tuesday, May 12, 2015).
Minutes from previous board meetings can be found on this page. If you would like to attend future board meetings in any capacity (see board meeting visitor policy), please email the Board Secretary and let her know how you would like to be involved (whether you'd like to observe or participate).
For the last seven summers, Dave Soles (WAFC Jr) and Will Smolinski (DC Current/Truck Stop) have been teaching kids in the DC area how to play ultimate. This summer, they will be hosting three weeks of middle school camp (2 in Arlington, VA and 1 in Montgomery County, MD) and one week of high school sleep away camp in Tappahanock, VA. The sleep away camp will be in partnership with Nike Ultimate Camps.
Go to http://capulti.camp/ for details!